Monday 26 November 2012

The Advanced Animation skills workshop

There are all sequences of the advanced skills workshop combined on one movie

 



Reflection report


The Advanced animation skills workshop was a good challenge for me to see how much still I have to learn. It was a great experience to gain some skills and understanding of the basic things through research and put that knowledge into my animation, making it more realistic.
The quadruped walk and run cycles were my first experience and at the beginning I had some troubles to make the movements smooth. I did some research through videos of the real horses and some animation books to understand the basic for animating my pony sequences.
The weight lifting exercise was my second experience. The first experience wasn’t so successful two years ago when I watched it now, but analysing it I saw and learnt my mistakes. I tried to avoid them while was animating the heavy box lifting sequence. As far my sequence works more realistic for me, but still in the moment when the character finally lifts the box the more effort needs to put into her movement.

The pull and push were easy to animate to compare with the lifting, but I had to make myself pull the box and push the wall to understand the basic of movements. It would be better if I could animate them more detailed and a bit longer, but I didn’t manage because of my problem in time managing.
Also the obstacle sequence animation caused by that problem of time managing, I rushed it to finish. As a result, the animation looks rushed, but the climbing moment worked well for me. Still there are many in-betweens needed to make the sequence look smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment